Saturday, January 03, 2015

New Year - New Start!

My poor little Blog has been corrupted, probably through lack of attention, but thanks to the advice of speedygeoff I have finally managed to sort the problem and now I will make a fresh start for 2015. Happy New Year to all who wander here. Here's to a healthy, happy and injury free year.
 
My Marathon training has begun again for the Canberra Marathon in April. I have sourced my old program and hopefully I can keep up the training without injury. I do enjoy trail running but have a bad habit of tripping over and have permanently scarred knees.
 
I ran at the Cotter last weekend with a group of lovely running mates and enjoyed the scenery so much. The water is rising and the original route is no longer possible to run but there are many interesting trails. I will run there again during the course of my training but I am very slow on those hills!
 
On Wednesday I ran 21km on the bitumen - not my favourite surface but the marathon will be on road so I do have to consider that when training. In the meantime I have been faithfully following our speedy leader's November, December and now January 30 day exercise challenges. I need all the help I can get!
 

8 comments:

  1. So nice to see you blogging again :-). I hope all goes well with the marathon training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janene - New Year Resolution - now I just have to keep it updated!

      Delete
  2. Wow - you're alive! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep alive and kicking Ewen! Watch out. :)

      Delete
  3. It's great to hear you're back blogging and planning to run the Canberra Marathon in April. It's easy to see you're in good shape considering your last training up-hill. Beautiful picture of the running group. Stunning scenery!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giorgio for staying in touch. I hope you have a wonderful 2015 too!

      Delete
  4. At long last!!! You are back blogging!!! Yey!!! I think 2015 needs to be the re-newed blogging year for all of us :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Liz - here's to regular blogging updates and a great year ahead!

      Delete